Pet Therapy Volunteers play an important role as part of the patient care team. Do you have a certified pet therapy dog? Do you and your therapy dog have some time to brighten someone’s day? If so, your kindness and compassion could mean the world to patients living in North County San Diego.
Hospice of the North Coast invites you to share the unconditional love you and your pet have to offer with patients in facilities. Please submit an online application if pet therapy volunteering is for you.
- Patient Care Volunteer Requirements, please click here.
- Proof of current pet certification with one of the national therapy dog registries who provide traditional pet therapy certification such as Love on a Leash, Pet Therapy International,
- The Bright & Beautiful Therapy Dogs, Delta Society, PAWS, Therapy Dogs International.
- Proof of current dog license.
- Proof of liability insurance through your certifying organization.
- Proof of current vaccinations, including Rabies and Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Par Influenza (DHPP).
- Proof of yearly veterinary exam